Collings OM2H Deep Body Acoustic Guitar, 1 3/4 inch Nut Width
About this product
'OM' stands for "Orchestra Model, " but 80 years after this body shape was first designed it has become the most popular 14-fret model with fingerstyle guitar soloists who choose to play on steel strings. Yet flatpickers also find it appealing, and when the graceful cutaway is added these OMs are often used by lead players who routinely explore all 20 frets much as they would on an electric guitar. The compact shape makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.
- Binding: Grained ivoroid top/back body, Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Body Wood: East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Bracing: Pre-war scalloped
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"-26" Compound
- Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Frets: 20, Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Headstock: Square headstock with volute, 15 degree headstock angle, Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Inlays: Abalone diamond and square
- Neck Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Nut Material: Bone
- Pickguard: Tortoise-style celluloid
- Rosette: Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Top Wood: Select sitka spruce
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Hard Case / Bag: Case
- Number Of Strings: 6 strings